1 division of a usually pinnately divided leaf [syn: pinnule]
2 the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear [syn: auricle, ear] [also: pinnae (pl)]
- Rhymes: -ɪnə
- The visible part of the ear that resides outside of the head, the auricle.
- A leaflet or primary segment of a pinnate compound leaf.
- A feather, wing, fin, or other similar appendage.
Pinna can refer to:
- Pinna (anatomy), the outer part of the ear - also referred to as the auricle
- Pinna (genus), a genus of bivalve molluscs also known as "pen shells"
- In botany the pinnae are the divisions of a compound frond, analogous to the leaflets of a compound leaf
- Giovanni Pinna, a paleontologist and describer of the Triassic reptile Drepanosaurus
pinna in German: Pinna
pinna in French: Pinna